About Us - Ti Kay MusicTi Kay Music, a division of Ti Kay Entertainment Inc., is a small digital music boutique specializing in downloadable music of Caribbean genres to fans, and is an outlet for Caribbean-based independent artistes to sell their music recordings to fans of the Caribbean genre. We bring you the sounds of the Caribbean including Bouyon, Calypso, Reggae Dancehall, Soca, and anything created by music recording artistes from the Caribbean region.
The name 'Ti Kay' is a French-creole phrase for Small House; used widely in some Caribbean islands with a French colonial heritage such as Saint Lucia and Dominica. Within the small towns and villages of these islands, the best parties took place in the smallest of homes or "ti kay", catering to more people than it can practically accommodate. However, you were sure to hear the hottest music, eat plenty food, and dry out the bar.
Put this into the Caribbean context, the music that is generated from the Caribbean or a lot of what's done is on a small scale, compared to the rest of the world. And when used for a house party, cooler fete, all inclusive event, stage show, or carnival, all of which are done at a small scale moves a large Caribbean fan base worldwide. The Caribbean region is small, like a Ti Kay, and it produces a lot of music to a fan base that exceeds its capacity. With Ti Kay Music you will only find the Caribbean music genres that matter to you.
Why Ti Kay Music?
- It's a cultural thing! - we understand the cultural importance of Caribbean music, from an artiste and fan perspective.
- We look out for Caribbean underground music artistes; you know, the artistes that don't get much attention outside their country or the Caribbean region.
- We're a boutique style operation; we only carry music that the Caribbean produces, which is easily identifiable by the correct genre, island, and artiste - the way Caribbean music fans like it.
- We appreciate Caribbean music and will do our best to make it available worldwide, legally and in a timely manner.
- We work directly with independent artistes; it's easy to work with us as we keep things really simple! All artistes retain 100% of all rights to their music and keep 100% of their downloadable sales revenue.